Top Menu

HVAC Fire in Elementary School

HVAC Fire in Elementary School

An unknown passer-by called 911 and reported seeing smoke coming from the auditorium at the Port O’Connor Elementary School yesterday evening around 6:00pm. Fire units from Port O’Connor and Seadrift responded to the blaze which was quickly contained and extinguished without causing severe damage to classrooms and offices.

The fire, at press time, was said to have started in an HVAC unit in the auditorium, which suffered water, smoke and some structural damage. Estimates of the damage are not yet known. While some teachers were at work when the fire started, no injuries have been reported. Belinda Tigrett, a teacher at the elementary school, said that power was cut off. Restoration of power is not yet known.

We will follow up with this story and provide additional details.

Fire units from Port O'Connor and Seadrift responded to the fire.

Fire units from Port O’Connor and Seadrift responded to the fire.

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

Engineered by novusweb®
The Art & Science of E-commerce.